Saturday, July 31, 2004

Hey, sports fans...

That dear husband of mine, who does not read blogs or web journals or get a lot of e mail in general, did not know what DH meant. I had asked him to read an entry for me, to see if it hit the right note, and he said- “ I am glad I’m your designated hitter. I’m happy to be on your team, honey.” I asked what in the Wide Wide World of Sports he was talking about. He said – “DH? Isn’t that designated hitter?”

He really is a sweetheart…he steps up to the bat and gets a base hit every time. Ok, Ok, it’s true, I have no idea what I mean by that, because the last time I watched a ball game Mark McGuire was trying for the homerun record. I forget… did he set one?

I just had to let y’all know about that.

2 Comments:

Blogger nita said...

i thought it was 'darling husband'.....?!

designated hitter totally works though..

3:55 PM  
Blogger Mother of Twins & More said...

I usually thik of DH as dear husband or dratted husband, depending on the mood. It could also be:

damn husband
dumb husband
dearest husband
dorky husband
dopey husband
or even du-oh husband!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home