Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Of Cherubim and Seraphim

I just had such a pleasant surprise! Totally unexpectedly, I received a package from Thierry Mugler, creator of my all time favorite scent - Angel. A few weeks ago, I had written a letter to the New York office suggesting they create a fragrance for babies, and call it Cherub.

I had taken a bath and used my Angel bath gel and delicious body lotion, and a sprinkle of their celestial dusting powder. Then, I nursed the boys and went to bed. In the morning, I woke up next to two sweet, yummy smelling, sparkling babies! The powder has little sparkles in it and the fragrance interacted with their skins in such a way that they had the aroma of plump little candies. I wanted to gobble them up.

So, I wrote to Thierry Mugler and asked if they could make a baby safe version of Angel, in a massage oil, a body milk and a hair and body wash. I guess they thought it was a good idea, because I got a nice note from a lady in the Customer Relations Department, her business card for future reference and a whole bag full of Angel products, for me to enjoy. I love sharing largesse like this, but didn’t have anyone around with whom I could share. Just the baby sitter, who took home her two bottles of fragrance and a moisturizing body spray, lucky girl.

I am very flattered they liked my idea; can you imagine if a Cherub fragrance line came out in time for me to use it on my boys? I'd give them a bath whether they needed it or not. But it had better be soon, something tells me a ten year old would balk at his mama giving him a massage with scented oil… All day long I have felt quite clever and creative. And I smell like an Angel on top of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger nita said...

i LOVE angel! bravo, you. go! mmmm, sparkly boys, brings me back to the days of yore....

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home