Saturday, October 09, 2004

Random thoughts...Part One

Breifly on Toddlers

My twins are becoming toddlers. They are just starting to walk, one baby just a few days ago. It’s very exciting to see them taking those first steps, but my goodness! They keep crashing; one of them almost always on his face.

The other evening, My Face-Plant baby was a bit tired and went down three times in a row. The first time he did a sort of slide/crash and landed on his mouth. He wept and bled a bit - he had cut his top lip left with his little teeth. I kissed him and had him suck on an ice cube; the blood stopped flowing and off he went. Toddle toddle toddle. Not even TWO minutes later, he fell again, cutting top lip right with his bottom teeth. More ice, more kisses, a little nursing and off he went. By the time my DH came home from work, around 5:30 or so, he was back to crawling. He does this funny one leg sweep crawl thing, he’s good at it, and goes a mile a minute, but that night he got tangled in his own feet and AGAIN! Face plant! This time he cut the lower lip on his top teeth. My poor little scrumptious was so swollen he looked like an aging Hollywood starlet after one too many collagen injections.


3 Comments:

Blogger nita said...

have you thought about a helmet?!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Lala said...

A helmet, that's funny. Maybe a pillow over the face? Hee hee, My son always used to fall backwards, straight back on the hardwood floor. I'll never forget the sound of the "THWACK", sickening. Can't wait to do it all again!!

6:01 PM  
Blogger momotrips said...

I was so happy that one of my triplets waited to walk until his first birthday - the other two: nine months and 9.75 months. Yes. Tiny babies up and RUNNING. Very little twacking and falling, just full speed running in two different directions away from Mommy. The third when he finally walked is a wanderer, too. He'll follow a bird or a cloud or a shiny object. I was always losing him - still do at 6. I'm always frantic running around large malls, amusement parks and school events shouting "Andrew!" Scary. At least I can always find the other two hellions.

Good luck, MOT, you are now OFFICIALLY outnumbered!

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home