Thursday, January 06, 2005

A quick update

For all those concerned about the mystery virus...

Their regular pediatrician saw them last week and said, "That looks like adult cold sores, because they are on the tips of their tongues and on the outsides of their lips, not Coxsackie’s virus, which is over the whole mouth." So, I put an infinitesimal bit of Abreva, an adult cold sore treatment, on Baby B, and he is almost completely cured already. He has only been ill for a week. Poor Baby A was hit harder, suffered more and is now on day 11 and just started eating normally yesterday. But he still has teeny tiny red spots inside his lips. I think they are just scars, because they don’t seem to hurt him in any way.

The good news is I feel pretty hunky dory; I have had my mother’s helper from 11 to 5:30 every day this week, and have had two nights of real sleep, two nights in a row. I must go back to having a helper for my usual three hours a day three days a week starting Monday again, but boy oh boy, did I need her extra pair of hands over the past little while.

Also, I am really looking forward to having two whole hours on my own tomorrow- I have an appointment with the hairdresser. Just for fun, I think I might go blonde. I know my dear sister is thinking, “Oh brother! She’s too pale for blond hair!” Granted, last time I bleached at home I was a teenager and wound up looking like a Nazi concubine, but now that I know how to do make-up, I may be able to pull it off. If it’s totally cool I may post a picture. If it stinks, my hair is only half an inch long! Why worry? It’ll grow out in four days.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, just found your site. I can so understand your thrill at 2 full nights of sleep! I have 10 month old twins (preemies born 10 weeks early so they're not really like 10 month olds) and one full night of sleep is a blessing for us right now. I wish I could figure the sleep thing out!

Leann
http://www.indigoblur.com/blog
indigoblur@yahoo.com

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home