Thursday, February 10, 2005

Quick update and I make excuses...

I have not been online for a while, mostly becasue the inspirations (and reasons) for this blog/journal have been ill. Yes, yet again, my preciuos pumpkins have been up all hours of the night with fevers and crying and pitiful calls of, "Mama!"

Baby B was first this time, with a fever of 104.2 one night and 104.4 another. Yikes! We gave him Motrin, took him to the vet and were told it's a virus and to just ride it out. All seemed well with him yesterday, after four days of fever-ish no-I-won't-eat-my-nice-cereal and hold me hold me hold me. Then, last night, BabyA woke up next to me, whimpering and just burning up. I took off his PJs, wiped his face and took his temperature: 102.9. So, he had his dose of Motrin and slept next Mama, nursing on and off all night.

Today I had a plan to take them to the mall, (my boys already love to shop!) which I still may do. I think a big part of the whiny, fussy, weepy sick baby thing is the baby being bored by staying quietly at home. So, let's go out to a temperature controlled environment and give me some mental stimulation at the same time. Both babies are actig just fine, and almost normal, except for the reluctance to eat. Baby B is operating at 90% capacity and right now, with a nice dose of fever reducer in his system, Baby A is entertaining himself by slamming the kitchen cabinets closed. (When he slams hard, they bounce open again, and he can shut them afresh. What? That doesn't sound like a good time to you?)

Or, d'ja think I'm just trying to justify my desire to go to Nordstroms?

1 Comments:

Blogger nita said...

i've made up worse excuses for myself to go malling...

hope the nuggets are better soon. who's giving them all these bugs?!

maybe your playgroup should invest in a clean room setup...

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home