Saturday, March 05, 2005

For sale cheap...silliness, by the cup.

My DH and I have this little game, where we have “speculative” conversations about the merchandise in certain retail stores, based on the name of the shop. For example, we are driving past a store called Boating World;

DH: What do you think they sell in Boating World?
Me: They must sell worlds. Like nether worlds, underworlds, worlds apart, you know.
DH: That’s useful for mob bosses, so they can pick up a new crime underworld anytime.

Me: Hey look! Guitar Center!
DH: So that’s where you can buy a center!
Me: Yummy! Caramel centers, creamy centers, marshmallow centers…

Last night, on our way to the new Target, we passed a sporting goods store.

Me: What do you think they sell at Dick’s?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you're so witty. You should write a book.

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully they sell a sense of humor.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um so ok like I posted over in Chez that I, um, like agreed with your comment and she deleted you, and me, but um, I totally do and thought like that I was like the only one who had that kind of thoughts....Just wanted to shout out to ya.

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad the Anonymous without a sense of humor will find one.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Mother of Twins & More said...

Hey you, fellow Chez Deletee...

I wonder why "She's ugly" criticism has no place in the blog-o-sphere? Perhaps plain old opinions still aren't funny...yet. I still don't have the guts to do a post on that.. do you?

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell no, I have no guts at all!

I do not have any ill feelings about the child. I wish her the v. best in life. I would not post my child's real name and picture on the net, but that's nunamahbizness what dooce chooses to do with her child.

I just keep seeing pictures of this sour looking kind of homely child and 400 gushing "She's SO BEAUTIUL" posts and I keep staring at the picture and wondering if I am a freak. So I was so happy to see your post.

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops I meant "Beautiful". I may be a misanthrope, but I can spell. (smile)

One more snarky comment--does anybody else find it ironic that chez frantically deleted any post that wasn't 100 percent adorable and gushing after she wrote about how blogs needed to be funny and not so desperately PC?

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home