Wednesday, February 16, 2005

a little time line thing

Today’s post is a cop-out, as in COP-ied from Mothershock (see links to other blogs), after I saw it in another blog, see Excruciating Minutiae in the links. I hope you find this interesting and not too snore-worthy.

Kisses.

15 years ago today I would have been...
in my junior year at the City College of New York
partying every weekend, without a responsibility to my name, except school
realizing I had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up

10 years ago today I would have been…
living in NYC after two years in London, England
working 90 hours a week for a busy catering shop and hating it
having no time for anything like a boyfriend, social life or fun
knowing I did not want to be a chef anymore
and still realizing I had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up

5 years ago today I would have been...
living back in my childhood home state after two years in Atlanta, GA
working as a secretary by day, and at a cosmetic counter at the mall at night, which was F.U.N.
just a few months away from meeting my dear husband, and realizing there is such a thing as a good relationship for me

1 year ago today I would have been...
the mother of twins, aged 5 months, suffering from loneliness and cabin fever
wondering if this motherhood gig was this hard for everyone else
wishing I had some friends to talk to
and thinking about what I want to be when I grow up

This year I am...
the mother of twins, aged 17 months
keeping a blog/journal
a member of two playgroups, which have saved my sanity
working on improving my relationship with my parents
realizing I might still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up, but not being bothered by that

Yesterday I...
had a visit with a psychiatrist who told me I am not crazy, do not need medicating, but do need more sleep (duh)
allowed my mother to watch my twins on her own, but she called her housekeeper to help her at the 11th hour, much to everyone’s relief

Today I...
had a friend over for lunch
will go to a spinning class
posted this to my blog

Tomorrow I...
will go to the gym
will make a lot of phone calls
and I might figure out what I want to do when I grow up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home