Wednesday, March 02, 2005

French weight loss plans include croissants for breakfast

I am reading a "diet" book written by a French lady. It's not really a diet book like the South Beach thing, or the Zone, or Atkins, or anything like that. It's more of a philosophical treatise on how to eat for pleasure and how to eat to live, not live to eat. Basically, the book addresses how French women eat what they like, in small quantities and with more enjoyment than American women. Or so the author claims. Apparently, it's okay to eat rich buttery pastry because it will fulfill your spirit and then you'll have less of a craving for junk food.

Okay! That sounds good and I'll give it a go. I'm not having much luck losing weight by the old eat less exercise more method. Therefore, over the weekend I made a dozen croissants and popped them in the freezer, unbaked, so I could have them hot for breakfast. I've had them fresh baked two days in a row now, and my, are they tasty and fulfilling! A couple dozen more, and I'll be skinnier than a rail.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That, my friend, is my kind of diet. Also, ship a few homemade croissants over thisaway, will ya?

Linda
http://indigogirl.typepad.com

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! Great idea. Wonder if Julia Roberts has been following that plan...

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read about that book in People magazine! My kind of diet!! Enjoy!
-New mother in Nashville

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that book and as soon as this insane quarter at school ends I'm going to start reading it. I know this method works because half of my family is French and all the women are skinny! And I've seen them all eat in just the way she describes. So I know it works! I am tired of being the fattest woman in my family. I'll let you know how my French weight loss goes!

Elise
http://ladygrey.typepad.com/fish_out_of_water

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home