Sunday, April 17, 2005

At the gym

The other day at the gym, when I was in the locker room, I had neglected to position myself so I could not see myself in the mirrors. As a result, I got an eyeful of the Tiger Flap and thought Icky! Gross! Eww! and then I got mad. I know, I know; such negativity can be emotionally harmful and never leads to anything good and you can't love anyone if you can't love yourself..blah blah blah. I think I am smart, funny, and articulate, I know how to cook, eat and dress BUT I do not love the skin over my belly.

That said, back to the little story. I had an ick moment and made a comment to the other person in the locker room at the time.

Me - MAN, if I had known what those babies would do to me, I might not have had them.
Person - Oh, you can't say that.
Me - What do you mean? Are you saying that I had seen this, I would not have thought twice about bearing progeny?
Person - You would have had them anyway, you can't say you wouldn't have wanted them.
Me - Yes, I can say it. At this moment, in this mirror at this point of my existence, I think this utter destruction of my beauty was not worth it!
Person- Oh, that's not bad at all! You can't say that it is.
Me - getting really annoyed- Why can't I say it?! I'm the one living in the skin!
Person - Oh, ha ha!
Me - Uhgh!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home