Thursday, July 14, 2005

The Non Diet, Part Two

Observation on others and how they see the diet dilemma...

I met some friends this morning, two guys and two dolls, for a trip to the museum with our children. One of the mothers who was there is like me, and concerned about her figure. And like me, she goes from feeling just fine, thank you, to feeling like a blob. We agree that we need to exercise more, and we both do our best to go jogging between blogging.

One of the guys had read my last post, on the Non Diet, Part One, and had read about my problem with the morning moose in the mirror. He left a comment that mentioned he is a serial snacker and finishes off the kids' meals for them. He also wrote he wants to get to “pre-baby weight.”

What a sweet and empathetic man! I mean that in a completely non-sarcastic way. How many men do you know who not only gain sympathetic baby weight, but also share in his woman friends’ obsession over losing it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home