Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The Double Entendre Club

I have a running joke with my spin instructor. We are the Double Entendre Club, which means we make these awful puns whenever we meet. The original joke runs as follows:

A woman walks into a bar and orders a Double Entendre. The bartender gives it to her.

Ha ha ha! Of course, not everyone gets it, and even if they get it, not everyone thinks it’s funny. Anyway, Miss Silver, the Spin Mistress, thought it was hee haw funny and The Double Entendre Club was born.

One day the joke was a play on a fellow spinner’s name: Otto. We kept it up for a while, “He drives a pretty nice OTTO.” And, “He’s late today, he OTTO try to get here on time!” And the best, Miss Silver’s line, “This class seems quite natural for him, I’d say it’s OTTO-matic.” Ha ha! Snort snort! Hee hee ha ha ho ho! We nearly fell off the bikes.

Another day, we had fun with geography jokes. We started this by talking about an Irish band, then I said, “This spin class is a good way to get your heart rate DUBLIN.” Miss Silver countered with, “I-RISH we could cycle all night.” I commented, “Let’s cycle Bel-FAST-er.” And we just went on and on.

The last run of puns was on the energy of the class, or our Chi. Miss Silver started us off by saying, “Our energy is CHI-riffic.” I said, “Yes, and in this class CHI-ting is a good thing!” Then she said, "If we were in Kansas we’d have to meet in Wit-CHI-ta." Groan groan. I said, “We could always go to Russia, and meet in CHI-ev.” When we got control of ourselves, I then said, “Let’s stop now. I think another pun would CHI-pen the humor.”

You may think these puns are just terrible, but we think we are simply CHI-larious.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somewhere my husband is falling in love with you right now. :)

Linda
http://indigogirl.typepad.com

5:14 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi,

This is a different Linda.
I am obviously not technologically sound because I can not figure out how to email you back re: your comment to my post about my diminishing supply! Thanks for the encouragement. You are right - I'm sure it is because of a growth spurt and also she's starting to crawl/roll/scoot around so she's probably just exerting alot of energy and burning calories.
I nurse her whenever I am home but since I only pump enough at work for two bottles, I give her one of formula as well. But don't worry, I won't give up on my boobs! :)

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I join your club? I love it!!
New mother in Nashville

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home