Saturday, October 15, 2005

My car shrank in the wash...no, it was stolen!

Recently, to save gas, I switched from my big old pale green VW Passat to my little old silver colored stick shift Jetta. I was just waiting for all my pals to notice and ask me about it. I had two clever stories prepared. That first one is as follows:

Well! It was the craziest thing! I pulled a Missus Bad Mother and left my children in the car, sleeping, while I went into Taco Bell for lunch. I was only gone for about twenty minutes, but when I came out, the car was gone! I was pretty mad about it. Of course, the babies were still there; they hadn’t been stolen. But here’s the craziest part of the story - they were still asleep! Ha ha ha ha! Of course, everyone would know this was a complete fabrication. I would NEVER eat at Taco Bell.

My second story is - With all this rain, the car got very muddy. So, I washed it in hot water, then put it in the dryer. Wouldn't ya know it? Not only did it shrink, but the color faded too! Hee hee ho ho!

Yessiree, I was all ready. Five days after I switched cars, someone finally did comment on the fact. What did I say back?

“Yeah, well, gas is not cheap anymore, and the Jetta is more efficient.”

I know, I know. I had my chance, and I blew it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That taco bell line was absolutely priceless LOL

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home