Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A Half Assed post

A quick update

Since I have been so busy lately with my one-hour nap boys (grr) and the siren song of the great outdoors and my flower garden, I have not been updating this blog that often. Recently I have had requests to do so, hence, this half-assed post.

I saw my new endocrinologist last week and my TSH went from 2.80 to .75 in one month, just by following her advice: take my meds at the same time every day, on an empty stomach. By empty, she means, don't eat anything at all for one half hour after taking the meds. Not even juice. I also added another pill once a week, so I am taking eight tablets a week; I take two on Wednesdays . I definitely feel less moody, but I still get pissed off when the babies throw all their clean clothes out the second story window onto the muddy grass. D’ja think that makes me unbalanced? Ha.

I had a nice lunch with my parents over the weekend. I expected nothing therefore was happily surprised. I didn’t ask for a lot and as a result got more than I had expected. My Dad did tell me I looked like kinda chunky, but since I won the Scrabble game, he might have been “getting even.” Ho.

I have been going to the gym a bit more lately; somehow I am able to squeeze it in and still do other crucial stuff, like scrub my bathroom, take the boys to the playground and eat and sleep. This week I went to a spin class on Monday at 9:30, worked out with my trainer from 10:30 to 11:30, then went back for another class that night – kickboxing. I took the spin class today and plan on going tomorrow as well. I meet my trainer on Thursday at 7:30, and then I have an appointment to have more blood sucked for another doctor. Then I am going to a friend’s house to help her prepare an impressive dinner for her in-laws before I collect the boys from school. I will take the yoga class that night. I plan on taking Friday off, because I meet with my Dr. Tell Me at 7:30 on Saturday (just for a few weeks, then we are back to 8:00 am), so I can take the 9:30 Saturday Pilates class at the gym. I need to get a schedule worked out for the summer - I will so miss those three hours three days a week of me/gym time...

So, as y’all can see, I am busy. In a happy way. It feels nice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for happy you!!

Mother of One in Nashville

2:13 PM  
Blogger Dani said...

I'm glad you're keeping busy. But, I have to admit that part feels uneasy after reading this post. I don't think it's necessarily healthy to go to the gym two to three times a day. Nor do I think it's a coincidence that right before you talk about going to the gym so often you write about that comment by your father.

I love ya my friend; I just want to make sure you take care of yourself.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home