Monday, May 14, 2007

I am at a Bad Place again

I have been on a low carb/high fat/high protein diet for the past three weeks now, and I lost about eight pounds. It has been a struggle and I was just on the verge of getting my energy back.

However, right now, I feel like exploding. I just found out - Baby B hit a child at school in the face, gashed the bridge of her nose, and she needed two stitches. And - Baby A still bites his classmates. And - for the past month I have been busy hurting a friend's feeling with my big mouth and cocky attitude and general all around poisonous personality, but she didn't want to say anything because she was afraid I would be even worse.

Therefore, I did what all of us with eating disorders do: I just gobbled down three ounces of cream cheese frosting intended for my children's banana bread, a ham sandwich with two thick slices of bread, four Lu Le Petit Ecolier cookies and four stale Mint Newman's O's. The last three cookies didn't taste very nice and were an effort to stuff in, but I managed. Now I feel totally queasy and I just know that I just gained it all back again.

So, please excuse me while I go get my husband's new 32 caliber Glock and make a genuine effort to shoot myself in the foot.

I'm such a freaking moron.

*****
Dear Anonymous -

So sorry for the mixup!! I just grabbed the nearest weapon.

I really meant the .32 Kel-Tec! I know it's a 32 caliber, because that's the number on the Speer Gold Dot 60 box.

The Glock 21C is a 45, which I did not use. It would have made too much of a mess out of the hardwood floor.

I just love these Anonymous remarks! They keep me on what's left of my toes.

MOT

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everybody "falls off the wagon" now and again. Be patient with yourself. You might also take a peek at the pH Miracle diet!! You can eat as much and as often as you like (as long as it's alkalinizing food). There's even a DVD if you don't want to read the book. Go to www.phmiracleliving.com
Love,
Your best friend in Nashville
P.S. My son bit a classmate last week--part of raising a son. Although I understand your concern with stitches.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

I use eating the same way. Even though you might feel sick and angry now, you won't gain back 8 pounds through one bad night, even though it feels that way.

You will work it out. You will.

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A day with that kind of stress would truely get to anyone. Hope you get right back on track without even giving a second thought to the setback. The biting and the hitting is sooooo not a fun stage. May they finally get through this so Mommy doesn't have to get overstressed again. Congrats on the 8 pound loss!

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no such thing as a 32 caliber Glock.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home