Thursday, May 11, 2006

Out of the minds of Babes

You know how it is when you are a bit tipsy, or a bit sleepy and you unintentionally say something that comes across as hilarious? Well, the other day, Baby B was just up from a nap, and at the yawn-y, heavy in my arms stage of waking up. I carried him outside, to where his brother was frisking and gamboling. We sat for a moment on the lawn as he woke up and looked around. He focused on the garden, pointed and said, “Thass a wheelbarrow.” My little Obvious Man.

Baby A is Obvious Man too at times. He was banging the plastic hammer from his tool chest on the table. Wham, wham, what fun! He paused, looked up at me and said, “This hammer really loud!” Hey, you are right. I wouldn’t have noticed.

Like many little boys, my two have a fondness for wheeled things, construction equipment and farm machinery. They have a small fleet of tractors and trucks at home, and they like to know the specific names for each vehicle; track excavator, mobile crane, front loader with digger, tractor and so on. Nowadays, before we go for a drive, each boy will request a particular toy. Baby A likes his “yellow fork-a leeeft” and Baby B like to play with this red combine harvester. Guess what he calls it? Yep, he’s two and a half and says, “Combine, please.” My boy is a genius - call Yale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home