Sunday, November 13, 2005

Sing a song of Sing Sing

My sister and I had a funny little conversation about my twins the other day. We were discussing our children’s mischievousness, and wondering which one of us was more exhausted. Here’s a paraphrased conversational snippet:

DS: Your guys are pretty crazy, but quite different from each other. Baby A is a pretty boy, and seems calm, but he can be a devil. Baby B is openly a devil, and clearly going to spend some time in prison.

Me: Well, both of them are pretty clever. I’d like to think Baby B would wriggle himself out of trouble before he was convicted. You know, he'd be the type to call his roommate from the Academy who is now a police chief, and get out of trouble before the ticket was filed.

DS: No, I think Baby B will do some time. Baby A will be in college and Baby B will be in the big house, har har.

Me: As long as one goes to Princeton and the other to Sing Sing, it’s fine. They are pretty close. Or one baby could attend Columbia; that way I won’t even have to cross the Hudson River, ho ho!

Yes, we are close enough to be able to insult each other’s children and take it in stride.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister used to wonder if her son would do time, too, and he is, now, an upstanding young man in his early twenties! I guess boys, especially, need to learn how to manage all that intense energy they tend to have. Not that girls don't have to learn to manage themselves, but I have noticed that boys and girls are different. I wonder if mothers of girls wonder if their daughters will do time. Hmmm . . .

8:32 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

Umm...Funny you should ask Preacher Mom. Let's just say that if it wasn't for the cute haircut and propensity to wear princess costumes, my daughter could easily be mistaken for a member of the opposite sex - delicate flower she is not.

It's too bad the sexes are segregated at Sing Sing, our kids could have had a real future together.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home