Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Spam-alot

Do you get those silly pseudo sexy spam e-mails too? You know, the ones that promise to make your John Thomas 2 inches longer and your boobs perkier than a Jack Russell terrier puppy on speed? I also get financial spam emails, that recommend stocks and suggest I give out my bank account number, and yes, you can trust me! Humph.

I have noticed a trend in this spam: the “from” is usually the name of a friend, or the name of another e-mail spammer. This is obviously a sly trick to get me to open the email, because I’ll think (or so the spammers hope) “Hey! My friend Bonnie just sent me some advice on booking cheap vacations! Let me click on this link and check it out!” Usually I delete them without a second glance, but a few from/subject combinations have made me laugh out loud.

From: My sister’s name. Subject: Hot Euro Sluts!!!!
Is that because she just came back from a trip to Italy?

From: My friend, Preacher Mom’s name. Subject: Blond Babe in Black Lingerie.
And all along I thought she was considered a strawberry blonde…

From: My DH’s name. Subject: Various Pills, Low Rate, Money Back guarantee!!!!
This from a man who consistently forgets to take his vitamins and allergy medication?

And these ones, which I just saw through in one second:

From: Your Internet Provider. Subject: Password Changed!!
From: Your Internet Provider. Subject: Fees Over-due!!!!
From: Your Internet Provider. Subject: User Violation!!!!
Um, Spammer? My Internet Provider happens to be my Brother in Law. If I were overdue, or needed to change my password, he’d just, um…call me?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol that sort of spam always reminds me of that old Saturday Night Live skit with the land shark. *knock knock* Who is it? *pizza delivery man* huh? *ummmmm fedex* huh? They just keep trying until they think they can sucker you on in! I hate the ebay ones they really do work hard to make them as authentic as possible.

I forgot to come and tell you I posted a thank you for you on my blog. Thanks for the gross out Kept meaning to post that here but I get so easily distracted thanks to Mommy ADD.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home