Tuesday, October 25, 2005

And every pair of shorts comes with a complementary cookie!

I have been a little on the tired side lately, mostly owing to the lack of spinning class and the boys deciding bedtime is now 9:45, and not 8:30. The late bedtime is tough, but the lack of exercise is really tough! My teacher, the Fabulous Miss Silver, is no longer able to teach twice a week, and at best I’ll see her once a moth, so I am very sad about that. I'd go for long walks, but this darn rain...

I knew I was getting tired when I did some silly things, such as - I saw a cup on my desk and picked it up to take a sip of coffee. It was actually a cup full of pens.

Silly thing number two - I usually keep a bit of masking tape on my steering wheel to jot down a memo at a stop light. It’s easier than trying to find both pen and paper in a moving car. Well, yesterday I jotted down a note to myself, and wrote directly on the wheel. I guess my brain is saving itself for important stuff like inhaling and exhaling and driving safely and cooking nice, nutritious dinners.

I also have made a few extremely amusing oversights, one of which is this:

I went to Old Navy for more of those excellently-made-for-the-price and well fitting pairs of blue jeans. I wear the At Waist version, in a 14 short. Yes, I am small and plump. I also shopped in the men’s section, to see if I could get the DH something on sale. There was a lot of summer gear left over, including shorts. He wears a 30 or a 31 waist, therefore he can fit into a 16 Husky, in the cargo shorts style. "Husky" is what a little boy version of me (short and plump) will wear. I got the DH the shorts and me the jeans and took my loot home.

When I was unpacking I noticed there was something in the pocket of the shorts. Now, I have taken things back to a store after wearing them, who hasn’t? However, I generally make sure there isn’t anything in the pockets when I do so. Guess what was in the pocket? A chocolate chip cookie. I had to laugh, because it seemed so fitting.

I wonder what I would have found in the pockets of the returned size 0 Tall Slim Fit jeans? A 100 dollar bill and a gram of coke? I think I’ll go try on some second hand flash-dancer costumes next weekend. I might get something really interesting there.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dani said...

I feel your pain my friend. I wish I could tell you how many times I inadvertantly get off the wrong exit on the highway on autopilot 'cuz my mind wandered.

Another favorite of mine is putting a scoop of formula in my coffee instead of the creamer. Most of the time I just drank it anyway.

Well, you may feel tired, but you look marvelous babe. And in the immortal words of Billy Crystal from SNL: "Dahling, when you look marvelous, you are marvelous!"

9:13 AM  
Blogger newhavenmama said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:30 PM  
Blogger newhavenmama said...

Oh my, things like that are a daily occurance around here. Ditzy? Me? I also find chocolate chip cookies in my own pockets a lot...they are usually mine though!

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well said

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its not just being tired- I swear being a mother drags my braincells down in ways I never thought possible. I feel you on the exercise being crucial to keeping up some sort of energy level, it really does make a big difference. I'm glad to see Old Navy has a new line of ChipsAhoy Jeans they are releasing, its all a ploy to pack the pounds on you so you'll be forced to buy more and more (bigger and bigger) pairs of jeans!

12:05 AM  
Blogger Mother of Twins & More said...

CHIPS AHOY JEANS!!! hahahahaha!

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home